Peluang Dan Tantangan Pengembangan Layanan Wisata Kapal Pesiar (Cruise) Di Pelabuhan Belawan Medan
As an archipelago, Indonesia has huge potential to become a marine tourism destination, including cruise tourism. Cruise tourism is a very segmented tour and has developed into a complete, complex tourism business and at the same time being able to make a significant and promising contribution in the global tourism industry. This study seeks to assess the readiness of the Belawan port in providing support services to the complex cruise tourism. As an analysis tool, the approach of Manzano (2014) was used. The results of the study show that Belawan already has sufficient readiness to support cruise tourism, but also faces significant challenges so that the services provided can run continuously.
Indonesia. (n.d.). In Worldmark Encyclopedia of Nations. Retrieved from http://www.encyclopedia.com/places/asia/indonesian-political-geography/indonesia .
International Labour Organization (ILO). (2012). Strategic Plan Sustainable Tourism and Green Jobs for Indonesia Ministry of Tourism and Creative Economy of the Republic of Indonesia in cooperation with the International Labour Organization. Retrieved from https://www.cbd.int/financial/greenmarkets/indonesia-greentourism-ilo.pdf.
Manzano, J.I.G., Fageda, X., and Laxe, F.G. (2014) An analysis of the determinants of cruise traffic: An empirical application to the Spanish port system Transportation Research, Part E 66, 115-125.
Nugraha, Tarsisius Catur Budi, (2017), Cruise Ship: the Backbone of Future Tourism Industry in Indonesia, Advances in Economics, Business and Management Research volume 28: 1st International Conference on Tourism Gastronomy and Tourist Destination (ICTGTD 2016)
Soshkin, M., (2015) Ocean & Coastal Transportation in the US, IBISWorld, U.S.
Sun, Jiao, Y., Tian, P. (2011). Marketing research and revenue optimization for the cruise industry: a concise review. Int. Journal of Hospitality Management. 30, 746–755.
The Cruise Lines International Association. (2016). 2016 Cruise Industry Outlook. Retrieved from http://cruising.org/about-the- industry/research/2016- state-of-the-industry.
The Cruise Lines International Association. (2016). Asia Cruise Trends 2016. Retrieved from http://cruising.org/about-the-industry/research/asia-cruise-trends-2016
The Cruise Lines International Association. (2015). 2015 Cruise Industry Outlook; Cruising to New Horizons and Offering Travelers More, Retrieved from http://cruising.org/about-the-industry/research/2015-state-of-the-industry.
The Cruise Lines International Association. (2015). 2015 Annual Report. One Voice: Advancing Our Industry Together. Retrieved from http://cruising.org/abouttheindustry/research/2015-annual-report.
The Cruise Lines International Association. (2014). Economic Contribution of Cruise Tourism in Southeast Asia – 2014 Major Finding. Retrieved from http://cruising.org/docs/defaultsource/marketresearch/2014-southeast-asia-economic-impact-study-nbsp---major findings.pdf?sfvrsn=0
Ward, D., (2015) Berlitz Cruising & Cruise Ships (23rd ed.), Apa Publications Ltd., UK.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- The author (s) keeps copyright on any article.
- The author grants the journal, right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work’s authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors can enter separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal’s published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.
- We distributed the article, and any associated published material under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share alike 4.0 International License