OCEANARIUM DESIGN WITH A CONTEMPORARY ARCHITECTURAL APPROACH IN MANADO
Oceanarium is a place for recreational and educational tourist spot, the oceanarium itself provide a place for accommodate various types of marine life, like fish to coral reefs. Manado as one of the marine tourism areas does not yet have a marine tourism instituation that is able to present recreational and educational tourism in the same place, the people of Manado themselves are not very familiar with underwater biodiversity so it needs to be introduced further so that people can be more concerned about protecting marine life, caring for and preserving the potential of this marine tourism. The design of the oceanarium with a contemporary architectural approach can make it easier for the public to reach and recognize various kinds of marine life in Manado through the oceanarium building, a contemporary architectural approach in accordance with the needs of people who like the latest recreational and educational places. The contemporary architectural approach itself is a design approach that responds to the needs of the community while developing at that time, a contemporary architectural approach that adapts to the existence of development in the city of Manado will facilitate public acceptance of new buildings. The existence of an oceanarium with an architectural approach in Manado is expected to be able to fulfill the community's needs for educational recreational buildings in order to foster a sense of care for preserving marine tourism in Manado
Jerobisonif, A., A Manu, A. K., & Amabi, D. A. (2019). Konsep dan Metode Desain Arsitektur Bernard Tschumi. Jurnal Gewang, 1(1), 20–26.
kementrian PUPR. (2016). Peraturan Mentri Pekerjaan Umum dan Perumahan Rakyat. Retrieved from https://www.google.com.1-peraturan-menteri-pekerjaan-umum-dan-perumahan-rakyat-nomor-05prtm2016
Maulana, T. R. (2019). SABANG OCEANARIUM: Arsitektur Hi-Tech. Rumoh: Journal of Architecture, 9(18). Retrieved from https://www.ojs.unmuha.ac.id/index.php/rumoh/article/view/83%0Ahttps://www.ojs.unmuha.ac.id/index.php/rumoh/article/download/83/47
PERDA. (2014). Peraturab Daerah Kota Manado NO.1 Tahun 2014 Tentang RTRW Manado Tahun 2014 - 2034. 1–97.
Pranata, T. S., & Yudhanta, W. C. (2020). Penerapan Arsitektur Cinegram Bernard Tschumi Pada Perancangan Yogyakarta Festival Center. Vitruvian Jurnal Arsitektur Bangunan Dan Lingkungan, 9(3), 149. https://doi.org/10.22441/vitruvian.2020.v9i3.004
Putri, B. (2019). The application of Resilient Architecture Concept in the Oceanarium Design in Parangtritis. 3680(1), 59–66. https://doi.org/http://dx.doi.org/10.20961/arst.v17|1.23294
Razak, T. B., Boström-Einarsson, L., Alisa, C. A. G., Vida, R. T., & Lamont, T. A. C. (2022). Coral reef restoration in Indonesia: A review of policies and projects. Marine Policy, 137. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.marpol.2021.104940
Copyright (c) 2023 Raffaella Sumenge
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Copyright on any article is retained by the author(s).
- The author grants the journal, right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work’s authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal’s published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.
- The article and any associated published material is distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License