Fasilitas Bermain Jungkat Jungkit Untuk SLB Untung Tuah Samarinda
Special School is an educational institute who help special needs children to study with special education provided for them. There is one of Special School located in Samarinda City named Untung Tuah Special School. Just like children in general, special needs children in Special Schools need to play too, that is why there are playground in Special Schools in order for children to not feel depressed during their study. But unfortunately, normal playground facility does not have special safety function for special needs children so some them are not able to use the playground equipments. Seesaw train to cooperate, communicate, social interact, and vestibular system or balance so it is suitable for children to train their feet, hand, etc. The purpose of this design is to create seesaw facility that can help children with special needs, especially intellectual disability and physical disability children, so they can play safely dan comfortable with their friends. The design processs used Vinod Goel’s method that covers formulation of the problem, literature review, data analysis, design analysis, alternative design development, and design final result that are technique drawing, 3D Modeling, prototype, and poster. This design produce a playground equipment as seesaw for special needs children especially intellectual disability and physical disability children. This seesaw is expected to be a safe playground equipment and facilitate special needs children to play freely.
2. Jenis-Jenis Sekolah Luar Biasa. 2015 [cited 2017 12 Oktober]; Available from: news.okezone.com/read/2015/12/03/65/1260354/jenis-jenis- sekolah-luar-biasa.
3. Somantri, S., Psikologi Anak Luar Biasa. 2006, Bandung: PT. Refika Aditama
4. Daniel P Hallahan, J.M.K., Exceptional children: Introduction to special education. Vol. 2. 1982, New Jersey: Prentice Hall.
5. Efendi, M., Pengantar Psikopedagogik Anak Berkelainan. 2006, Jakarta: Bumi Aksara.
6. Joan Freeman, U.M., Cerdas dan Cemerlang. 1996, Jakarta: PT Gramedia Pustaka Utama.
7. Goel, V., Sketches of Thought. 1995, Cambridge: MIT Press
Copyright (c) 2021 Noor Qalby, Etwin Fibrianie Suprapto
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Copyright on any article is retained by the author(s).
- The author grants the journal, right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work’s authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal’s published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.
- The article and any associated published material is distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License